Update: Operation Horizon of Hope
In the meantime, we recently sent an alert highlighting Rev. El Shafie’s upcoming return mission to Afghanistan. Rev. El Shafie will be leaving soon on this mission to encourage our troops, but also to meet with Afghan government officials in order to challenge the government about human rights issues in the country.
This mission is rapidly approaching and so we are re-sending the alert to encourage you that now is the time to send your letters and donations in order to make this mission a success. We must receive your cards and letters of support by June 15th in order to ensure that Rev. El Shafie can deliver them. Please stand with us and with our troops through your notes and letters, as well as your prayers and financial support for this important mission.
Rev. El Shafie is inviting a delegation of Members of Parliament from both major parties to join him in this mission. In addition to encouraging the troops, Rev. El Shafie and his delegation will meet with Afghan officials to discuss their progress in the area of human rights and to stress the importance of ensuring equality and the human rights of all Afghan people both now and after Canadian troops leave.
OFWI would like to give you the opportunity to participate in this mission. Once again, we are asking our friends and partners across the country to sign one of six cards of support and appreciation for the troops that are currently circulating. Also, some of you may not have the chance to sign the large cards, so we would like to give you the opportunity to send personal cards or letters of support which Rev. El Shafie will deliver to the troops together with the joint cards. Simply prepare your card or letter and send it to One Free World International marked “Operation Horizon of Hope”, making sure we receive it by June 15th.
Finally, as you know, OFWI is fully supported through the voluntary donations of our friends and members without whose support none of our work would be possible. Please join us by participating financially in this important mission so that we can make it a reality. Your donations are important and will have a lasting impact on the Afghan people by encouraging our troops and through the contacts Rev. El Shafie will be able to make. Please note that your donations are not tax deductible because OFWI has chosen not to seek charitable status so that we can pursue our goals freely, without the limits placed by law on charities.
Canadians can disagree about whether we should be in Afghanistan and OFWI does not take a position on this question. However, the reality is that Canadian soldiers are on the ground risking their lives daily on behalf of peace and freedom for the Afghan people and for Canadians. These brave men and women are doing their jobs and need and deserve our support.
• for the government and leadership of Afghanistan, that they would commit wholeheartedly to human rights, democracy, and equality and that they would have the strength of will and political leadership to implement these goals effectively for the benefit of all Afghan people;
• that the troops would be encouraged and uplifted by Rev. El Shafie’s visit; and,
• for the continued safety and protection of the troops who will then stay behind on the battlefield while Rev. El Shafie returns home to the safety of Canada. Pray particularly that the troops would have unusual wisdom and compassion in dealing with the Afghan people whom they are trying to help and that they would have supernatural discernment and intuition in order to prevent attacks by the Taliban that could harm them and ordinary Afghan people.
The Bible teaches that faith without action is dead, so please take action urgently and:
• send your card or letter of support to the Canadian troops by June 15th to:
One Free World International
c/o Operation Horizon of Hope
20 Bloor Street East, Box 75129
• send your financial contribution by cheque to the above address or deposit it directly to:
Bank: Royal Bank of Canada
Institution Code: 003
Transit Number: 5452
Account Number: 1008507 (Canadian deposits); 4003232 (U.S. dollar deposits)
Remember, that the persecuted Christians are dying every day, but they are still smiling. They are in a very deep dark night, but they have the candle of the Lord. The enemy can have a very strong weapon and a very strong army, but we have the Lord Almighty.
“They can kill the dreamer, but they cannot kill the dream” in the Lord’s name.
Be with God and may God be with you.
One Free World International
El Shafie Ministries