Yazidis survived a genocide by ISIS and are fighting to preserve their faith and homeland. Coalition forces continue to drive ISIS from Mosul in Iraq and are fighting to eliminate ISIS from their stronghold in Raqqa. As the military campaign to against ISIS and their campaign of genocide intensifies, thousands of civilians are being caught in the cross-fire and pushed from their homes.
OFWI has been active on the ground in Iraq & Syria with our partners helping Christians, Yazidis, and forces fighting ISIS since the conflict broke out in 2014. Thanks to your support, we have been able to help rescue over 400 Yazidi women and girls from ISIS slavery and deliver 1.5 tons of medical supplies this that have been distributed by the Red Crescent in the region.
CRITICAL TIME AHEAD:
As the fighting against ISIS intensifies, there is a critical window of time where urgent support is needed on the ground to:
- provide medical support for victims of this war
- rescue Yazidi sex slaves from ISIS’ deadly grip
- support the growing number of refugees forced from their homes in refugee camps
To do our part, OFWI needs to raise at least $200,000 by the end of the year, with the first $100,000 needed by September.
- $125,000 for medical supplies
- $50,000 for the rescue operations of Yazidi girls and women held as sex slaves
- $25,000 to fund the OFWI mission in Iraq & Syria
How can you help?
- Make a donation
- Host an event in your church or community
- Share this page to educate your friends and family on this urgent humanitarian need
Learn more about the need from the Canada-Yazidi Action Coalition page at http://www.onefreeworldinternational.org/cyac/.